Friday, June 24, 2011
Deer Valley Ranch-Days 1&2
When we got to Deer Valley Jenna, Nickie and I stayed in the car while my parents went to find out what cabin we were in. As we waited things like "I'm so excited!!", "Do you think there will be a lot of other teens here??", "It's so pretty!!" and "I just want to get to our cabin!!!" were said over and over. If you couldn't tell, we were all really excited about being there (Especially after being in the car for about 14 hours). We drove over to Shavano, our cabin, and unpacked. Then, to dinner! Dinner that night was an amazing buffet with a dessert buffet after!! There is just so much good food!! That night we also went to Horse Orientation. Horse Orientation consists of Harold the Mule-Man sitting on his mule and talking about riding mules and horses for about an hour. It was a great way to relax. My family then went to Ranch Orientation, which I skipped out on because I went last year and also I was about to fall asleep. On Sunday, day 2, we had breakfast in our cabin and then Jenna, Nickie and I went to Teen Orientation. At Deer Valley, they have a thing for Orientation. They also have Kids Orientation. At Teen Orientation we met the teen leaders Colin and Katilyn, and played a name game. We had a wonderful church service and then a wonderful lunch of fried chicken!! Yum! We rode on the "Adult Level 1" ride and rested. Every Sunday night we have a "Hymn Sing". I love the Hymn Sing!! We all sing for about 45 minutes and it's so beautiful!! Then all the teens head to K's Dairy Delight for ice cream. After K's we had one of the best dance parties EVER!! It was epic. It was a great way to end the day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment