Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

In "A Charlie Brown Christmas", Charlie Brown is picking out a Christmas tree for the Christmas play. The one he picks the littlest one but, the only living one. When he brings it back everyone is mad at him for picking such a scrawny tree. He starts to wonder what Christmas is really about. Whenever I would watch this movie I always felt sad because Charlie Brown gave that little tree a chance. I know that there have been times where I wish someone would have given me a chance.
Linus quotes the story of Jesus from Luke. At the end he says "That is what Christmas is about Charlie Brown." The Peanuts gang realizes that they were to hard on Charlie Brown and end up going and decorating his tree. As the credits roll, they gather a round the tree and sing "Hark the Herold Angels Sing"
Jesus gave all of us a chance. Tomorrow as we celebrate Christmas, remember the TRUE reason that we are celebrating. The birth of Christ.

2 comments: